Chilterns - OS Short Walks Made Easy
This guide contains ten family-friendly and easy-paced short, circular walks covering the Chilterns AONB. You can find out about places of interest like the Whipsnade Tree Cathedral and sites to enjoy glades of bluebells in spring and the russet hues of ancient woodlands in autumn. Find wheelchair-friendly sections of the Thames Path, read about chair making, and identify some chalk downland wildflowers and insects.
Between Bedfordshire’s Pegsdon Hills, via the Dunstable Downs, and across Buckinghamshire’s chalk downs to the Thames Valley, you can explore the glorious beech woodlands of the Chilterns, drink in the views over Alylesbury Vale, see wheeling red kites and enjoy waterside strolls at Tring, Goring and Cookham.
- Ten easy-to-follow leisurely walks
- Distance: 2 to 4 miles
- Stunning scenery: downs, woods and riverside
- Navigate your way: simplified mapping, route profiles, turn-by-turn instructions, or walk photography
Packed with essential information for easy planning:
- Public transport links and parking spots
- Terrain and footwear information
- Refreshment stops including pubs and cafes
- Public toilet markers
- Nature notes for the area
- Stories behind each walk
- Highlighted accessibility sections for wheelchair and pushchair users
- Dog friendly information
Order before 4pm weekdays for:
- Free standard delivery in up to five working days
- 1st Class delivery in 1-2 working days
- Priority Express Next Day delivery on the next working day
Custom Made map orders will take one extra day for printing. Framed and canvas products are handmade and usually take 10-12 working days to dispatch. If you order on a bank holiday we'll start on your order on the next working day.
An estimated delivery date will be shown in checkout once you enter your address and pick a delivery option.
Sorry, we do not currently deliver outside of the UK.
See Full Delivery information here.