Prize Draw Terms and Conditions (Social Media)
1. Ordnance Survey (OS) is running a prize draw promotion (the ‘Promoter’). Please read these terms and conditions carefully.
2. There will be one winner who will receive the prize as stated below:
- The Ordnance Survey Puzzle Book: Legends & Landmarks
3. The prize draw is open to all Great Britain residents, aged 18 years or over, excluding employees of the Promoter, members of their direct families, or any person directly associated with the prize draw.
4. The prize draw is limited to one entry per person. Entrants must use their legal name. Entrants may not enter on behalf of any other person, group, company or syndicate or use automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permits any person to make multiple entries to the prize draw. The Promoter cannot take responsibility for any technical, communication or other problems that might prevent the receipt of the entrant’s details, and accept no responsibility for entries which are not visible due to entrants’ privacy settings, or incomplete. We reserve the right to disqualify any entry who violates these terms and to require them to return any prize they may have won.
5. No purchase of any product is necessary to enter this prize draw.
6. To enter, simply leave a comment in the manner specified under the prize draw announcement post on the Instagram social media account of OS Leisure set out below. You will therefore need to have at least one social media account in order to enter.
- OS Leisure: Instagram – @ordnancesurvey
7. Opening dates:
- The opening date for the first prize draw is 07:00 on 26/10/2023.
- The opening date for the second draw is 07:00 on 2/11/2023.
8. Closing dates:
- The closing date for the first prize draw is 23:59 on 27/10/2023. Entries received after this time will not be counted.
- The closing date for the second prize draw is 23:59 on 3/11/2023. Entries received after this time will not be counted.
9. The winner will be chosen by OS by random draw from all the valid entries. The draw will take place within 7 days of the closing date.
10. OS will notify the winner by responding to the winning comment under the applicable social media post, no later than 2 weeks after the draw has taken place. The winner will need to claim their prize within 4 weeks of being notified by sending Ordnance Survey Leisure an email to [email@example.com]. Failure to do so will result in the prize being forfeited and OS reserves the right to pick another winner at random from the remaining entries./
11. The prize is non-transferable and has no cash alternative. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserve the right to substitute any part of the prize for an alternative of equal or greater value.
12. Unless stated otherwise, the Promoter will send the prize free of charge to a UK address provided by the winner within 30 days of the winner claiming their prize.
13. The Promoter‘s decision regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and no further correspondence will be entered into about it.
14. Under the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) requirements, OS must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation, OS will send the surname and county of the prize winner to anyone who emails firstname.lastname@example.org or writes to Ordnance Survey Consumer Marketing at the office address stated below (and enclosing a self-addressed envelope) within one month after the closing date stated above. If you are the winner and you object to your surname and/or county being published or made available, please let OS know this when responding to the notification email. In such circumstances we must still provide the information to the ASA, if requested.
15. The Promoter shall not be responsible for any additional expenses incurred by the winner.
16. The winner may be required to participate in reasonable publicity arising out of this promotion.
17. The Promoter accept no responsibility for any loss, expense or damage which is suffered or sustained in connection with this prize draw, or accepting or using any part of the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law, in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law. Your statutory rights are not affected.
18. The Promoter reserve the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
19. Where you have indicated your consent to receiving communications from the Promoter about their offers, products, special offers, promotions and services:
- your email address will be added to their electronic mailing lists accordingly;
- any personal data you provide will be processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 and associated laws;
- see also Condition 14 above with regard to the announcement of winners;
- if you do not wish for the use of your details for marketing purposes at any time, you can select the unsubscribe option in the emails that are sent to you.
20. By entering the prize draw, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions, and consent to the transfer of their personal data to the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this promotion and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
21. The Promoter reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions if in their opinion it becomes necessary to do so.
22. This prize draw is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with the Instagram social media platform provider. Entrants agree to abide by the terms of service of those platform providers when entering this prize draw and further agree to release the social media sites from any liability arising from or as a result of any participation in this prize draw.
23. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
Prize Draw Promoter:
Ordnance Survey Limited (company number 09121572) trading as Ordnance Survey or OS, registered in England and Wales, whose registered office is at Explorer House, Adanac Drive, SOUTHAMPTON SO16 0AS. Ordnance Survey Leisure Limited is a subsidiary company of Ordnance Survey, which is registered in England and Wales (company no. 06894550), and whose registered office is at Explorer House, Adanac Drive, Southampton SO16 0AS