Forest of Bowland - OS Short Walks Made Easy
This guide contains ten family-friendly and easy-paced short, circular walks covering the Bowland AONB. The turn-by-turn route directions with waypoint photos guide you safely to pretty villages, historic towns and along accessible waterside trails, across fells and through forest. You can read about the ghosts of Lancaster Castle, identify moorland wildlife, and find scenic picnic sites or cafés to complete your day.
Around the Forest of Bowland fringes at Caton, Lancaster, Scorton, Garstang and Clitheroe, you can enjoy riparian rambles along the Lune and Ribble, and strolls beside the Lancaster and Leeds & Liverpool canals. At Gisburn, Dunsop Bridge and Beacon Fell easy-going trails lead to the heart of Bowland’s moorlands and forests.
- Ten easy-to-follow leisurely walks
- Distance: 2 to 5 miles
- Stunning scenery: moors, forests, rivers and canals
- Navigate your way: simplified mapping, route profiles, turn-by-turn instructions, or walk photography
Packed with essential information for easy planning:
- Public transport links and parking spots
- Terrain and footwear information
- Refreshment stops including pubs and cafes
- Public toilet markers
- Nature notes for the area
- Stories behind each walk
- Highlighted accessibility sections for wheelchair and pushchair users
- Dog friendly information
Order before 4pm weekdays for:
- Free standard delivery in up to five working days
- 1st Class delivery in 1-2 working days
- Priority Express Next Day delivery on the next working day
Custom Made map orders will take one extra day for printing. Framed and canvas products are handmade and usually take 10-12 working days to dispatch. If you order on a bank holiday we'll start on your order on the next working day.
An estimated delivery date will be shown in checkout once you enter your address and pick a delivery option.
Sorry, we do not currently deliver outside of the UK.
See Full Delivery information here.