Walks in South Devon & Dartmoor - Pathfinder guidebook 1
165 miles of delightfully scenic walking from Widgery Cross and High Willhays on Western Dartmoor to the vertical chalk face of Beer Head . . .
Take on 28 beautiful walks across South Devon & Dartmoor with the OS Pathfinder Guidebooks, graded by length and ranging from 2 ½ to 10 miles. The routes range from extended strolls to longer hikes, offering something for all levels! This collection of walks covers the picturesque area of South Devon, plus the Southern part of Dartmoor National Park, an area acclaimed as the last great wilderness of Great Britain.Each walk includes a detailed description, an OS map, GPS waypoints and notes of key features and things to see. Key places to visit include Bench Tor, Dartmouth Castle, the traditional coastal town of Sidmouth, and the Dartmoor railway.This is one of a series of books with great walking routes covering the most popular and scenic areas of Britain. Printed with weather-resistant covers featuring durable rounded corners, they are the perfect companion for country walking throughout Britain.
Publication Date: 2019
Walks in this book:
- Cockington Valley
- Bench Tor
- Gara Rock and Portlemouth Down
- Stover Country Park and the River Teign
- Vixen Tor and Pew Tor
- Exe Estuary and Exminster Marshes
- The Yealm Estuary
- Venn Ottery Common
- Dart Estuary and Dartmouth Castle
- Loddiswell and the Avon Valley Woods
- Ashburton and Whiddon Scrubbs
- Three Reservoirs Walk
- Brixham and Churston Point
- Prawle Point and Woodcombe Point
- Otter Estuary, East Budleigh, and Otterton
- Kingston and the River Erme
- Bold Head and Salcombe Estuary
- Start Point and Hallsands
- Torcross, Slapton Ley, and Stokenham
- Beer and Branscombe
- Rippon Tor, Pil Tor, and Buckland Beacon
- Widgery Cross and Great Links Tor
- Yes Tor and High Willhays
- Sidmouth, Salcombe Regis, and Weston Combe
- Princetown, Dartmoor Railway, and Leather Tor
- Dittisham, Cornworthy, Tuckenhay
- Buckfastleigh Moor
Whether you’re looking for a long stroll or an exhilarating hike, there is something for everyone
Tried and True
All routes are tried and tested by seasoned walkers
The best way to discover what an area has to offer. All walks are rated for difficulty
Durable & Weatherproof
Never get caught out in a storm with our durable and weatherproof Pathfinder guidebooks
Order before 4pm weekdays for:
- Free standard delivery in up to five working days
- 1st Class delivery in 1-2 working days
- Priority Express Next Day delivery on the next working day
Custom Made map orders will take one extra day for printing. Framed and canvas products are handmade and usually take 10-12 working days to dispatch. If you order on a bank holiday we'll start on your order on the next working day.
An estimated delivery date will be shown in checkout once you enter your address and pick a delivery option.
Sorry, we do not currently deliver outside of the UK.
See Full Delivery information here.