Lake District & Cumbria: Accessible Walks for All - Pathfinder guidebook 86
This unique guide is devoted entirely to accessible walks, includes 38 routes across Cumbria, featuring the Solway coast, Carlisle, Hadrian’s Wall, and the Lake District from Bassenthwaite Lake to Windermere and Ennerdale to Lowther Park.
Designed to help wheelchair users get outside across the Lake District and Cumbria, the walks are also suitable for pushchairs and all-terrain buggies, and favour families with younger children and anyone wanting a relatively gentle walk amid beautiful surroundings to enjoy at their own pace.
The book sets out with a pleasing circuit of Talkin Tarn and concludes with an adventurous ‘expedition’ in Ennerdale, in between offering delightful lakeside strolls beside – among others – Derwent Water, Grasmere and Windermere; old railway trackbed rambles through Smardale and from Keswick to Threlkeld; coastal promenades at Silloth and Allonby; woodland wanders at Grizedale and Miltonrigg; following Hadrian’s Wall at Willowford and Harrow’s Scar; nature encounters at Watchtree and Revelin Moss; and village-based walks at Caldbeck and Staveley.
OS Pathfinder Guides: Outstanding Circular Walks
- The definitive pocket book guide to Great Britain’s great outdoors
- 38 fully accessible walks for all Walks ranging from ¾ to 8 miles vast majority less than 3 miles with almost half linear
- Walks graded by distance and difficulty easy, moderate, and challenging – based on nature of path surfaces, whether slopes are involved, if assistance for wheelchair users is advisable
- Very challenging final walk - 8 mile distance and rough going terrain
- Photos showing typical path conditions for routes with tricky points
- Packed with essential information per walk: Start / finish position, travel information on how to get there, parking, toilets and refreshments stops, distance and time, terrain
- Includes OS Explorer 1:25 000 scale map extracts for every route (4cm to 1km or 2½ inches to one mile)
- Discover GPS waypoints, parking information and detailed route descriptions for foolproof navigation
- Enhances your walk with information on rare wildlife, natural habitats and points of historical interest
Whether you’re looking for a long stroll or an exhilarating hike, there is something for everyone
Tried and True
All routes are tried and tested by seasoned walkers
The best way to discover what an area has to offer. All walks are rated for difficulty
Durable & Weatherproof
Never get caught out in a storm with our durable and weatherproof Pathfinder guidebooks
Order before 4pm weekdays for:
- Free standard delivery in up to five working days
- 1st Class delivery in 1-2 working days
- Priority Express Next Day delivery on the next working day
Custom Made map orders will take one extra day for printing. Framed and canvas products are handmade and usually take 10-12 working days to dispatch. If you order on a bank holiday we'll start on your order on the next working day.
An estimated delivery date will be shown in checkout once you enter your address and pick a delivery option.
Sorry, we do not currently deliver outside of the UK.
See Full Delivery information here.